Monday, May 4, 2009

Bought a New Computer Today

OK. Any of you who have read my blog in the past will think this is pretty funny. Today was my last day at where I was working as their VP of Network Operations. I won't go into the details except to say that we had a parting of ways that's kind of been coming for the past several months.

Now, as part of my employment at the company I had access to a lot of computer equipment, all of which now must be returned to the company, which left me without a computer. So, I went computer shopping. At first I was thinking about a Toshiba L305 laptop for around $500. But the store didn't have them in stock, so I headed on down to Fry's Electronics to see what kind of deals they had going on.

To my surprise, they were running a "Manager's Special" on the Gateway T-6345u laptop. Now, I know I mouthed off about Gateway a few months back, but I've always kind of liked their computers. And for $450, this was a pretty darn good deal.

The system specs:
- Intel T 3400 2.16GHz processor
- 2 GB DDR2 RAM
- 250 GB HDD
- Intel Wireless NIC
- Windows Vista Premium

That's pretty descent specs for $450! So, I bought it right away. Now, I know what you're thinking "Gary, you just left your job, how can you go buy a computer?" Well, I can sum it up for you in one word: Volume. :)

No seriously, I left with a pretty darn good package, and I have some good savings, so it's all good. Besides, I have to have a computer, otherwise I'd be a computer guy without a computer. And we all know how tragic that would be.

No comments: