Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Cisco VOIP Goodness Part 2



Well, tomorrow's the big day. We're finally cutting over to the new Cisco VOIP phone system. I'll be glad to get this Inter-tel system out of my NOC and more than happy to get rid of the 66 blocks that make up the current physical layer of my telecommunications infrastructure.

It's probably just a bias, but I really hate 66 blocks. The wires are usually all stringy and messy and the setup looks so fragile that I'm always afraid the CEO's phone is going to get disconnected if I just look at the wiring too hard.

VOIP, on the other hand, goes right into my existing network infrastructure. Just a few VLAN changes on my trusty 4507r, and we're good to go. Clean, quick, efficient. That's what I'm talking 'bout.

New phone/Old phone, respectively

Cisco 7911's

Cisco 7961 with (detached) side-car (7914)

Cisco Polycom conference phone

Ye Olde Inter-tel system

Mmmmm... 66 block pasta!


More 66 block mess

Alas! The Cisco Call Manager system

And so, they lived happily ever after

No comments: