Friday, April 25, 2008

Office Update - Again

Well, I made the move of the 600 SC's into my closet but I had to pull them out within a few hours. The closet has ventilation, but it's apparently insufficient because the machines were louder in the closet than they were on my office floor. So for now (and this is going to shock all of my Microsoft friends) I'm going to shut down my MS network/domain for a while.

There's only three of us, so I really don't *need* it. Besides, if I want to test something out, I can always use the lab at work (that's why I built it in the first place).

I must say though, the office is strangely quite without the constant hum of the 600's, though my son's GX280 is humming a little bit, but it's nowhere near as loud as the previous monsters.

On a side note. I haven't had an opportunity to revamp the ESX setup pictures yet. I'll see if I can get to this weekend. Sorry for the delay to those of you who've sent me emails about the subject.

No comments: