Friday, March 21, 2008

Office Clean Up Day Today

So my office has gotten a little messy, what with all the study paperwork, computers, and Linux University materials I have lying around. So later today, after I get a "good" night's sleep, I'm going to be performing some cleaning in my office. I'll probably also go ahead and re-org my servers. I've been thinking of moving them into the closet, since I never really do anything with them.

On another note. I finally put the $405 together for the PMP. I also renewed my membership for a whopping $167. And after all of that, I get flagged by PMI for an audit of my experience and educational credentials. Ugh!

I mean, I understand why they do this, it's just a pain that it has to happen to me, since I'd rather spend my time preparing for the exam, not contacting all of my "project management experience" references. Oh well, I've already got 2 of them out of the way, so if either one of the other 2 responds to my request, I'll be in the clear with plenty of experience to spare. Assuming, of course, that PMI accepts their references.

So, I'm looking ahead to May for the PMP test. Yes, I know I said I was going to take it in April, but I don't think there will be enough time, considering the audit. It takes them 10 days to confirm everything, and I'd like at least a month to study a prepare, so it's looking like May. No biggie. Once it's done, I'll be a certified PMP.

After that It's MCSA time. Time to put the Linux books down for a tad and dig into Microsoft's world again. Then comes CCNA, then ITIL Foundation, and finally, perhaps, Linux +, by the last two will probably bleed into next year. So much to learn, so little time. Good times.... Good times indeed...

No comments: