Thursday, March 20, 2008

TV-B-Gone - It Works!

OK, so I just got the TV-B-Gone kit from ladyada.net. This little device turns off any TV in the US or Asia (not that I have much of an opportunity to get to Asia, at least I haven't been since '97). Anyway, being a computer guy, and the fact that I love to tinker with stuff, I though this would be fun for my first electronics kit toy.

So, like I said, the thing arrived the other day. This afternoon I spent about 45 minutes putting it together. I recorded some video for YouTube, but somewhere along the way the thing stopped recording and I didn't notice. Oh well. I took a couple of pictures of the final product. Plus, now that I've done it once, I think I'm going to buy another kit and do it again, only this time I'm going to modify the design a little bit and make it a bit more discreet.

So here's the pics:



No comments: