Friday, March 21, 2008

Thinking About a Mac

I've been doing a lot of video editing work lately and so I'm thinking of, perhaps, acquiring a Mac to get this done. Mac's have always been the tool of choice for professional grade video editing, and I'd like to give my videos a more professional polish.

So, to start off, I'm thinking of acquiring a iBook G4 and a copy of Final Cut. That will give me all of the major OS environments on a regular basis. I pretty much do my day-to-day computer work, at home, on a Linux laptop. I work almost exclusively on Windows systems at work, and now I'm going to add Mac OS X into my world.

Any thoughts? Any Ideas!?

I'm looking to spend less the $500 for this new machine, and I'd prefer it in laptop form, rather than desktop, because I just don't have the real estate for anther desktop and, with a laptop, I can just stick in a drawer wen it's not in-use.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME IDEA! Just make sure to pick up a tie-dyed shit, peace symbol necklase and shout "Down with the establishment, Power to the people" when you go in the Apple store. They love that.

Gary Drumm said...

You misspelled "necklace". Why are you afraid of technology? What are your techno-crimes? You're just afraid to embrace the techie-truth. Why do you hate us?

Anonymous said...

Buy a 360. So at least you son can play modern games instead of Doom One.