Sunday, July 27, 2008

Passing The PMP - Study Materials

The following pictures contain some of the study materials I used to pass the PMP.



Here are some of the details:

PMBOK Guide, Of course
- Mastering Project Management by James P Lewis (ISBN:0786311886)
- Exam Cram 2, by Michael Solomon (ISBN:1789734621)
- Information Technology Project Management By Kathy Schwalbe (ISBN:1423901452)
- PMP In Depth By Paul Sanghera, Ph.D. (ISBN:1598631772)
- PMPrepCast (http://www.pmprepcast.com)
- Villanova University PMP Prep Course, as well as Essentials of Project Management, Mastering Project Management, and IS/IT Project Management (Earning me Two Master's Certifications as well)
- Oliver F Lehmann Project Management Training - Self Assessment Test (http://www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/75-free-questions.htm)
- PMP Study Notes by Rafi Peltekian and Raymond Okimura (PDF File - http://www.robertperrine.biz/students2000/Rafi%20Peltekian%20PMP.pdf)
- A very special Thank you goes out to Ray Pierce, PMP, from my local PMI Chapter for the help with the EV formula memorization technique.
- Gantthead.Com, of course!
- PMI.Org - I'm not listed in the registry yet, but that should happen in the next few days.
- Numerous websites, forums, and discussion groups.

Of course I also have to say thank you to my family (wife and son), for putting up with the long hours of study I put into getting this thing finished. Without you guys, it would have all been for nothing.

4 comments:

Cornelius Fichtner, PMP said...

Gary,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam and thank you very much for mentioning The PM PrepCast!

Regards,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP

Gary Drumm said...

Cornelius,

Thank you. Your course provided a fantastic method for me to immerse myself in study, even when driving an hour each way, to and from, work every day. I just loaded you material on my MS Zune and listened in.

You guys have a fantastic product and you should be extremely proud of what you've developed.

Feel free to conect with me on LinkedIn, it can never hurt to have powerful friends, such as yourself, in my network. ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Congrats on clearing PMP.Thanks for the valuable input on PMP you contributed on the forum. It is really helpful