Sunday, July 27, 2008

So What's Next?

Now that I've passed the PMP, I could rest on my laurels and do nothing, however; I've decided that I'm going to get ready to take the ITIL Foundation test. What is the ITIL Foundation test? ITIL stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library. It's basically an individual certification that says you understand the basics of ISO 20000 standards and processes.

ITIL was originally created under the British government and is a subset of the IT Governance Board. At any rate, it's sort of become the defacto standard for understanding how IT Service Management should be structured and implemented.

There are 3 levels of ITIL certification: Foundation, Practitioner, and Manager. Initially, of course, I will go for the Foundation certification. If all goes according to plan, I should have this completed by the end of September or Mid-October.

Man it's good to have PMP done though. It's like a 1000 pound weight has been lifted off of my back.

No comments: