Saturday, July 26, 2008

PMP! PMP! PMP!

It's done! Today I sat for my PMP exam and, after 18 months of preparation (going back to college, reading numerous books and blogs, memorizing dozens of processes and formulas, and spending countless hours studying) I'm now, officially, a PMP!

I cannot even begin to describe the feeling. I'm actually kind of numb. I keep having to look at the test results printout to beieve that's it's finally finished. This is my first professional certification in my 15 year career. The process has been incredible for me. It's helped me get back into the mindset of learning new things. It's also done wonders for my own self-esteem, not that I really lack in that department, but it's nice to have a 3rd party vailidation of your skills, something I previously did not care much about.

At any rate. I am now, offically, Gary Drumm, PMP. Damn that looks good!!! :-D

No comments: